Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
2535 N Rising Star Trail, Tucson, AZ 85745
Near Silverbell and Grant
A meet and greet serves three purposes.
- It allows me to meet your dog and get to know them a bit. I introduce them to the pack one or two dogs at a time and observe their interactions and communication. I also talk to you about your dog to get to know him or her better.
- It allows you to meet me and see the facilities, so you can be more comfortable with where your dog will be staying. I can also answer any questions you may have.
- It allows your dog to experience and explore the new environment with the security of your presence, so that it is familiar to them when you drop them off for daycare or boarding.
- A meet and greet typically lasts half an hour.
- Unfortunately, I am not able to accept dogs who don’t get along with other dogs. Because of my cage-free environment, I don’t have an area to isolate dogs.
- All dog-friendly dogs are welcome. There are no breed or size restrictions.
- If a dog has gotten too excited to play safely, I will move them to the side and calm them down. If necessary, I will move them to a separate location in the house and stay with them until they are calm enough to resume play.
- There are toys everywhere. I provide a chicken jerky treat after breakfast and dinner. If your dog is allergic to chicken, I also have venison/cranberry treats.
- I move the dog beds and blankets into my bedroom, so I am close to the dogs during the night if someone needs to go outside or gets restless.
- If your dog prefers to sleep in a crate, you will need to bring it, and I will put it in my bedroom.
- You are welcome to bring your dog’s bed as well.
- I feed the dogs at 5:00 pm. If your dog is here at that time, he or she will not understand if they don’t get fed also, even if they are used to eating later in the day.
Doggy dinner hour is 5 pm to 6 pm.
- I administer oral and topical medications. I do not give injections.
- If your dog needs medications, please bring them in the original container with the dosage on the label.
I am available for pick-up and drop-off from 6 am to 8 pm daily.
No drop offs or pick ups except by arrangement.
- I can generally accommodate occasional early drop-offs or late pick-ups. Space is limited, however, so you must make arrangements ahead of time.
- Parking is available in the large driveway in front of the house.
- Though I try my best to accommodate my customers’ needs, I can’t guarantee that I’ll have space for last-minute boarding, especially on weekends and holidays. In order to maintain the safety of my boarders, I have to limit the number of dogs I can take in overnight. If I’m full, please call me, and I’ll place you on a wait list and contact you if a spot opens up.
- I have to limit the pack size to ensure the safety of the dogs. My maximum capacity is 4 guest boarders, with a total of 8 guest dogs during the day. That gives me a total pack size of ten per day.